Thursday, March 5, 2015

Was Family to Many - Plea by Michele Hudson Perez


The letters to the Judge keep arriving.  Michele Hudson Perez shared her "plea" to the judicial system of Wyandotte County -  to the Court, to Judge Klapper, to Josuha Brazeal, and to all those who are struggling with anger and forgiveness. She too believes, that Geraldine Strader was like family.  

 "She reminded me of home.  What a great mom would do."

March 5, 2015
Wyandotte District Court Probation Department Victim Impact
Statement :  Michele Hudson Perez
RE: Case#: 2014-CR-000818
Defendant: Joshua Jay Brazeal 

This a plea
Mrs. Geraldine Strader was more than a one in a million woman, she was a once in a life time gift to all who was graced to meet and hear her.  Mrs. Strader was taken from the community in such a way that it makes it difficult to acknowledge the ripple effect it has on the community…but it is there.  I can only reflect my personal ripple.

 I plea for justice for all that is involved.

She could light up a room with her smile… and command awe with her voice and knowledge.  She mattered to Our Pokeno Group.

She had life experiences and thus would share and encourage persons to seek their dreams and set goals. She mattered to all ages.

She was to teach me how to do quilting in August. This was a passion of hers of which she mastered and continued to learn from anyone that cared to share.  She mattered to fellow creative persons.

She reminded me of home.  What a great mom would do.  What good citizens should know.  How people should treat each other including forgiveness but ever in the sight of “right” called justice.

I didn’t get  to say goodbye.  I didn’t get  to have closure.  My memories of Mrs. Strader’s  presence, laugh and poignant words that she shared, will last in my heart and mind.  

In the words of Maya Angelou
Which I hear in the voice of Mrs. Geraldine Strader

I would like to be near you
I’d like to have your arms around me
I’d like to hear your voice in my head
But that’s not possible now
So
I love you
Go                                           - Maya Angelou

I plea for justice for all that is involved.

May the charges given
allow 
Brazeal meditative time to make life changes
 
to become a more positive and respectable citizen. 

I request  a chance for “Right” to prevail in that recognition of what really happened is investigated and brought to light.  I plea for Joshua Jay Brazeal to acknowledge the life he took and openly accept the charges that is rightfully due.  May the charges given allow Brazeal meditative time to make life changes to become a more positive and respectable citizen. 

All lives matter
Justice matters
Forgiveness matters
Accepting and Correcting negative behavior to protect citizens is a must.

Michele Hudson Perez

For questions and comments
contact 
stradercom@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment