Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Death Isn't Easy, But This Was A Tragedy - Letter From Neldra J. Flint

Neldra Flint, Geraldine Strader (79 years old), Jacqueline Pierson Tomlin
Impact letters are in Joshua Brazeal's case and the pre-sentencing packet ready to be submitted to Judge Klapper for the scheduled 6 March 2015, 3:45pm sentencing.  Thanks to all that took the time to impress on the judge that this senseless crime has impacted so many.  

We all know death is inevitable, we all know that our loved ones will pass on. Like many, Neldra Flint expresses the hopelessness that comes with any death. And for those who believe, she has turned this tragedy God-ward and filled her heart with forgiveness. 

"Geraldine’s death was senseless and tragic." 

In a recent conversation with brother Todd,  he made a statement that helped untangle the confusion - dichotomy - of "everyone has to die" and "this death was tragic."  He said "God did not ask Joshua Brazeal to assist Him with Mother's death." He further explained, "brother Lance died, Dad died, all four grandparents died...no one on earth assisted in killing them." But the tragedy comes in the part Brazeal played in Mother's death. A death that leaves us with so many questions. Neldra captures this in her direct plea to the Judge to consider making Brazeal accountable for his actions. 

Below I have shared Neldra Flint's last few paragraphs. She shares with us the lasting impact that this crime has had on those who knew Mother. It's the tragedy that makes the fight worthwhile. 
February 28, 2015 Wyandotte District Court Probation Department Victim Impact StatementNeldra Jewell FlintRE: Case#: 2014-CR-000818Defendant: Joshua Jay Brazeal 
Geraldine’s death was senseless and tragic.  The memory of her body mangled, bloody and broken will be forever etched in their memory and mine. What a horrible death to witness and have to live with. This horrible, senseless tragedy has caused so much pain.  It has taken several days for me to write this letter because it is so painful to think about.  I just can’t believe she is gone.  Every time I think of this senseless tragedy I feel sick and weak and my body aches all over.  I had to take some days off from work to get myself together and rise above the devastation and tragic loss of my other mother.  This senseless death has affected so many people.  It has disrupted their lives and caused them so much pain.
"Mr. Brazeal must be held accountable
for his behavior and actions." 
 
 Mr. Brazeal must be held accountable for his behavior and actions.  He snatched my dear friend and her family loss a mother, a sister, a grandmother, an aunt and so many of her extended family loss a member too.  I know God had a plan when he brought his angel home.  I know she is in a better place, just gone too soon.  Sometimes we have to enjoy the time we are granted with our loved ones.  I will miss her so much.  This has been a very difficult death to accept. Geraldine was so full of life!  The impact this has had on my life is unbelievable.
 I trust in God so I know this will turn out the way He has it planned.  I have turned Mr. Brazeal over to God knowing that God is all powerful and knowing.  I pray that God reveals to me why I lost my friend, my other mother and my confidant so soon.  Respectfully submitted to your court for consideration…..Geraldine Strader mattered!

Thanks Neldra for your words. May the Judge not turn a deaf ear to our pleas of fair and just accountability. 

The Children of Geraldine Strader
justice4Strader@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment